Thursday, February 24, 2011

For Starters

Day 2:

I don't really know how to start this. Um... My name's Ashley, I'm 17, I live in a small town in North Carolina, and I have Trichotillomania. Just in case anyone doesn't know, Trichotillomania is a compusive disorder in which one has the urge to pull out one's own hair. Most people pull from either their head, eyebrows, eyelashes, pubic, arm, or leg hair, or a combination. I usually pull from my head, eyebrows, eyelashes, and only sometimes my pubic hair. I've had Trich for... 3... 4 years? Somewhere in there. I've only just recently really put forth an effort to fight this monster. The reason I'm making this blog, is because I want to document my progress. I want to brag to someone about my successes, and have a therapeutic outlet for my failures. I'm already marking down the days I've gone without pulling on my calendar, but this will give me a place to really talk through my struggle. Hopefully, I'll be able to make a post everyday and talk about how the day went; when I had an urge, if I acted on it... My inner monologue, if you will.
So, that's all for this post. I just wanted to get this introduction out of the way.
DFTBA,
-Ash

1 comment:

  1. I think you are so brave to put yourself out there like you are. I know you will be able to beat this. I am so proud of you already. Oh, by the way, if you need anything, I'm just down the hall...
    i love you, mom

    ReplyDelete